Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Garden Helper

I noticed our first toad in the garden today. Look at his cute little fat body. I just wanna hug him!

toad in the garden

Toads are an incredible blessing to a garden, as they eat thousands of insects that want to chow down on your plants. I have never been able to attract toads in the past, so I was surprised this morning to find him.

Since toads breathe through their skin, it is especially important to stop all use of insecticides and chemical fertilizers, as they will harm these cute little charmers. They do like to have a clean water source nearby, so I think I'll put a little dish of water up in the garden for him.

Maybe I should get him a toad house too, so he'll stay a while!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home