Monday, June 30, 2008

Anticipation

I am so ready for the tomatoes to begin ripening! Although I enjoying checking their progress from day to day and tending to their needs, I love to eat them even more!

The costolutos are not going to disappoint! Each plant has no less than five bundles of green tomatoes like those pictured below. I am really excited to brew up some pasta sauce from these Italian heirloom beauties!

costoluto tomatoes ripening

The green heirloom tomatoes grown from seed that my MIL harvested from a tomato from the Farmer's Market are threatening to take over the entire garden! I can't believe how well this plant is growing, and it is covered in young fruit. The plant grew too fast for me to cage it, and now I am trying to keep its heavy branches from snapping at the main stalk!

green heirloom tomatoes ripening

A lovely chain of mosaico is forming a tantalizing cascade of fruit.

mosaico tomatoes ripening

Although the Park's early challenge vines are struggling to shake off tomato leaf roll, they are laden with healthy fruit.

park's early challenge tomatoes ripening

I can't wait to sink my teeth into fresh juicy tomatoes! Hopefully it will be just another couple weeks before they turn red. It always seems to take forever, but once they build up some momentum, the garden overflows with delicious fruit for weeks!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:08 PM , Blogger Magnolia Sun said...

They are looking so good, I've never had any luck with growing them.

 
At 5:41 PM , Blogger Tami said...

The chain of mosaico is stunning!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home