Wednesday, February 27, 2008

First Signs of Spring

Many of the perennials are starting to wake their sleepy little heads up from their Winter slumber. I am excited to see so many teeny green sprigs popping up from the ground! Several of the plants I had feared dead are emerging to let me know they are going to be just fine this year.

This St. John's Wort I received as a transplant from my friend Chleome's garden seemed to be struggling to make it through the Summer. I had no hope for its survival over the Winter, but here it is sending up new shoots! I can't wait to see its pretty yellow blooms.

st. john's wort spreading

This Obedient Plant transplant also seemed to struggle last year, but I can see now that I'm going to have difficulty containing it in the perennial garden. Look at all those new babies!

obedient plant spreading

It snowed last night, and it is funny to see Daffodils just about to bloom covered in snow. I have never had Daffodils bloom this early in the year. I hope their flowers can shake off the frost and persevere! I'll get some photos when they finally start their show.

2 Comments:

At 8:44 AM , Blogger Tami said...

I have plants coming through too and I am always afraid of the winter air killing them.

 
At 10:39 AM , Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Yeah, that always worries me too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home