Tuesday, October 30, 2007

First Frost

We got our first frost last night. It was down in the low 30's apparently. We did finally turn on our heater!

The grass has a sort of blue-hue when covered with frost. Very pretty.

first frost

The frost didn't kill the rose blooms.

first frost

It seems as though the frost did kill my blushing susie vine that is growing on the mailbox. I kicked myself in the butt this morning, because I meant to cover it up last night! Doh! I really wanted that guy to last a couple more weeks.

I covered the late crops with plastic, and they seem to be ok. The tomatoes look a little blackened, but I don't think they will die. I would like to harvest the last of the tomatoes before saying good bye to the garden for the year, so we'll see how the coming weeks treat us!

1 Comments:

At 9:04 PM , Blogger Tami said...

It frosted here and we also turned our heat on. I helped my mom carry in a bunch of potted plants that are not meant for the winter months.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home