Monday, October 22, 2007

Pumpkin Let-Down

Here is a photo of my first little pumpkin developing on the vine back in September. I was so excited to be able to harvest my own pumpkins for decorating! Sadly, this was the only fruit to form on the 6 vines that grew from seed! What a bummer!

first pumpkin

An even bigger bummer was discovered last week when I hiked up to the garden to pick my one pumpkin only to find that it was rotten and harboring gross little bugs! I did not photograph the infested pumpkin, because some people may not appreciate such a disgusting view!

I'm so sad. I had planned to have an over-abundance of pumpkins that I would share with the neighbor kids, but instead I have nothing but one rotten pumpkin. Stupid pumpkins!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:26 AM , Blogger Tami said...

This is so sad. I think it's wonderful that you were going to share with the children. It's the thought that counts. I am sorry about your pumpkins.

 
At 5:02 PM , Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

I probably didn't water them enough. It has been so DRY lately!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home