Thursday, August 28, 2008

It's Still Raining!

I can't believe it is still raining! We had a brief break in the rain yesterday in the late afternoon, but it was raining again by evening! Yesterday we set a record for Asheville with FOUR inches in one day! We have received about six inches this week, which we needed desperately. I heard we need ten inches total, but six is a good start. The weather is supposed to clear up in the next coming days. The NC Drought Management Advisory has downgraded our county to a D3 drought, which is still bad, but at least it's not D4.

I hope it stops raining today, because we are going out of town this weekend, and I need to harvest the cherry tomatoes and make some salsa tonight. The tomatoes are all splitting due to the overabundance of rain, and the bugs will get to them if I don't harvest tonight. Those tomatoes are too good to be donated to a bug feast! Rain has its benefits, but it can also cause some problems in the garden! I am NOT going to complain though.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 3:46 PM , Blogger Tami said...

Have fun making your salsa! I bet it's delicious :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home