Monday, August 13, 2007

Bruschetta

The bruschetta we made with the marcellino tomatoes and basil from the garden was so incredibly good that we ate it three nights in a row and would have eaten it a fourth night had we not run out of bread. Actually, I would be eating it right now if I could.

cherry tomato bruschetta

This recipe is so easy to make. You need one narrow loaf of bread such as a baguette, tomatoes, basil, mozarella cheese, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp olive oil.

Cut the baguette into 1/4" slices and place in the oven on broil until the bread is just starting to brown. Flip the pieces over to brown the underside of each slice.

Dice up the tomatoes and herbs. Cut the mozarella into small chunks. Mix the three ingredients together, then toss with the balsamic vinegar and olive oil.

Spoon the mixture onto the browned bread slices and place back in the oven until the cheese is melted to your liking.

cherry tomato bruschetta

The Wiki has great info on bruschetta that I found interesting, including the fact that I mispronounce it. Oh well! It tastes great no matter how it's pronounced!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:23 AM , Blogger Magnolia Sun said...

Oh my goodness that looks so very good, I love tomatoes. It sounds so easy too, I'll have to try it very soon!

 
At 6:39 PM , Blogger L said...

oh

my

gosh.


I need that in my life, RIGHT NOW.

Wait, I need it in my tummy!!!

 
At 6:06 PM , Blogger Tami said...

This looks delicious!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home