Monday, July 30, 2007

Worms!

I was very sad to find disgusting slimy worms burrowing between the broccoli florets when I harvested the broccoli. I guess the holes in the leaves of the plants were signs that there was an infestation, but I never actually saw a bug, so I avoided spraying the plants. The worms were so well hidden that I didn't find them until I was washing the broccoli in the sink. I noticed some slime, so I cut a floret off, and there they were ... worms! I had to throw out the entire harvest.

broccoli_7_2007

I don't think I will try broccoli again next year. The plants are pretty big, the yield is low, and apparently they are susceptible to disgusting worms that make me reconsider ever eating broccoli again. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home