Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Hanging Baskets

Having been inspired by the impressive Proven Winners hanging basket arrangements while leafing through a catalogue last Winter, I decided to create my own hanging basket masterpiece from seed in blue and yellow. I chose Chaenarrhinum Summer Skies and Petunia Dolcissima Limoncello from Parks Seeds.

As I blogged previously, I was disappointed in the growth rate of the chaenarrhinum, and I couldn't get the petunias to germinate well at all. Out of about 20 petunias I have tried to germinate, only 4 have been successful.

Here is a photo of the chaenarrhinum at about 8 weeks.

Chaenarrhinum_Summer_Skies_5_2007

And here are two petunias and three chaenarrhinum at 8 weeks.

hanging_basket_5_2007

I'm not giving up on them yet, but next year I will probably just purchase Proven Winner plants from Jesse Israel's Garden Center instead of trying to grow flowers from seed since they took up a lot of space that could have been used for more veg!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home