Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Boyer Nurseries & Orchards

I recently purchased two Black Gold cherry trees and a Niobe Willow from Boyer Nurseries & Orchards. I first saw the Black Gold cherry on Wayside Garden's website and knew I must have it. At just 12 feet high and 10 feet wide, the self-pollinating Black Gold produces a big crop of sweet, black cherries, but will easily fit in my back yard! The only problem was that Wayside wanted $30 plus shipping and did not specify the size of the tree. I have suffered several disappointments due to the size of plants I have received from Wayside, and I wasn't willing to take a chance on this tree. So, I googled "Black Gold" +cherry +tree and found the tree from Boyer!

Boyer specified exactly how tall the tree would be (5 feet), and the price was under $20! I also ordered a second Black Gold for a neighbor who caught the "Black Gold cherry bug" from me, and a Niobe Willow she has been looking for. She hasn't been able to find the Willow for under $150, but Boyer had a 6 foot tree for $36! The trees arrived in great condition, already pruned back to accommodate for the root loss when the trees were dug, and ready to plant. I am very happy with the quality of the trees, and I will be ordering from Boyer again.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home