Thursday, April 09, 2009

Coconut Liners

Last year I was unable to find pre-molded coconut liners for my hanging baskets. The only option available locally from any retailer was that awful circular liner that you are supposed to cut to size and then cram the flat circular shape into a three dimensional basket. Not only is it impossible to cut through the material, but once you do get it hacked up, it doesn't conform to the basket but bunches up and looks awful - much like a droopy diaper.

I made an early start this year to see if local retailers would mend their ways and go back to pre-molded liners, but they are still carrying those horrible flat circles. So, I went online to find real liners, and was not disappointed.

My first stop for online shopping is always Amazon, and I was not disappointed this year. There are plenty of coconut liners to choose from in all sizes and shapes. I was able to find replacement liners for all my hanging baskets and my three-tiered iron basket, which I had no hope for using this year due to the worn out liners. $25 for 5 liners with shipping. Pretty good deal. Shipping was $11 of the cost, but it's worth paying extra for the real deal.

The package arrived in the mail today, and I held my breath opening it, fearing to find flat circles inside. I was able to breathe easy when I found the lovely pre-molded liners I had expected.

Shop early - they sell out fast. I learned that last year!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home