Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Garden Grown Salsa

I have been in the kitchen making salsa again! This year has been a little different though since all the salsa ingredients are fresh from the garden! In the past we have had to purchase the garlic and onions, but we grew our own this year.

salsa ingredients - all home grown

I noticed that our onions are a lot stronger than store-bought. You only need 1/4 of an onion for my standard recipe instead of 1/2 onion. It might have something to do with the fact that our onions are yellow and store-bought are white - I'm not sure. Also, our garlic is much bigger than the garlic we get at Ingle's. I scaled that quantity back too!

It certainly tastes better than it looks!

fresh salsa

1 Comments:

At 7:02 AM , Blogger Tami said...

It is terrific that you made all your own ingredients! Now you are living off your land :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home