Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Perfectly Unplanned

Last year I planted two foxgloves in the front perennial bed. When the flowers faded, I took Linda Cobb's advice and laid the spent stalks across the back of another bed, hoping they would sprout new babies. I totally forgot about this until an unexpected surprise popped up ...

Foxgloves peeking their heads up over the herb box!

herbs and perennials

They spaced themselves out beautifully across the back of this bed to produce a lovely backdrop for the herb garden.

perennials in the morning

While the parent plants were light yellow, these children range from light yellow to bright pink! I just love nature - she's so unpredictably creative! I hope her next surprise is as good as this one.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home