Monday, June 07, 2010

What's Growin' in the Garden?

It has taken me a little longer than usual to get the garden in this year, but it is finally complete!

garden late spring

Sugar snap peas, lettuce and corn rule the top left quadrant. I planted a new type of sugar snap peas this year, hoping they would produce bigger yields, but they have grown slower than ever! The plants are only 2' tall after 3 months in the garden. They do have peas on them, but the harvest is going to be pretty sparse.

garden late spring

Costuloto tomatoes, cupid tomatoes, yellow wax beans, okra and edamame take dominion in the top right. This is my first year growing okra, and I'm pretty stoked! Ian loves to make gumbo, and I love to fry it up!

garden late spring

Beets, squash, eggplant and potatoes rock the bottom left. The potatoes are trying to recover from the colorado potato beetles, flea beetles and what seems to be a touch of some disease. I lost one plant so far, but I'm trying to save the rest.

garden late spring

Jubilee tomatoes, costuloto tomatoes, cupid tomatoes, eggplant, cucumbers, turtle beans and lima beans hold down the bottom right. This is my first year growing turtle beans and lima beans. We're going to dry the turtle beans since we love dark black beans in the winter.

garden late spring

This is the first year I split the tomatoes into two quadrants. I did this so I could reach them easier for watering and anti-fungal spraying. Hopefully this will help me stave off blight a little easier than the previous two years. I started an anti-fungal spray two weeks ago on the tomatoes, and noticed yesterday a couple black spots on some leaves. Fingers crossed that it is just a touch of sun scald!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home