Monday, March 17, 2008

Slow Germination

I have been beside myself with grief lately over the slow germination of my tomatoes and eggplant. I'm afraid the whole lot is just ruined! I know this is silly, but it makes me literally sick to my stomach that after 9 days I have just 4 tomato seedlings poking up out of 55 total peat pods. At this time last year, all the seedlings were fully sprouted and hitting the lid on the seed bed container. I really think there is something wrong with these seeds. There is no way I could have messed up 51 peat pods, especially after the great success I had last year - almost 100% success last year. The seeds are from Park's Seeds just like last year, and one of the varieties is even the same - Marcellino! I think the seeds must have been exposed to extreme heat during shipping. I re-sowed them this morning, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they germinate this time. Please send happy germination vibes my way :( I feel like a total failure. I was so good at this last year!!

My 60+ perennial seeds are all sprouted and growing just fine! What's wrong with this silly veg???

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:29 PM , Blogger Tami said...

It is the seeds, NOT you!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home