Friday, July 16, 2010

Bee Balm

The Bee Balm put on a great show so far this Summer and is ready for a good shearing. I hope it sends up a second flush of blooms, but this is the first year it has bloomed, so I don't know what to expect.



The bees are still squeezing the last bit of pollen from the floppy heads, so I think I'll leave my dead-heading chore until next weekend.



Bee Balm is a fast grower that loves full sun, doesn't require staking and won't wilt in dry weather. This variety was supposed to reach only 18", but mine appears to have taken steroids when I wasn't looking and is over 4' in height. When Bee Balm gets a little out of control and tries to crowd out other plants, just pull up the unwanted plants. They pull right out of the ground very easily.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home