Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Tropical Planters

I decided to move the jumbo fern to the far side of the porch this year so guests are not accosted as they try to enter the door. I figure the knock-roses and primrose impede their path enough that if they have to fight past the fern too, they might just give up and turn around. While this is a good plan for people selling meat out of the back of their truck, I would like friends and family to make it into the house, at least when they're invited - LOL!

porch view late spring

I was really fond of the firecracker fuchsia I found at the Herb Festival last year, and while I intended to dig it up before Winter, my intentions fell short. Thankfully the same vendor offered the variety again this year. Paired with New Guinea impatiens, bacopa and a succulent houseplant, this potted creation has a tropical feel that makes me crave a mojito!

tropical planters late spring

I'd like to find a low profile bench for the porch, where I can enjoy my mojito alongside my little bit of the tropics.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:33 AM , Blogger Wilma said...

So pretty, I bet it smells great too. One should definitely enjoya beverage in such an environment!

 
At 9:59 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks :) I love me a cold adult beverage in the summer!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home