Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Pretty Pathway



Another reason I adore perennials is due to my lovely pathway of daisies. Again, I was trying to find a bulb that would make a nice border for this pathway, but bulbs are not full enough, and their flowers fade too quickly, as I learned with my attempt at a daffodil border last Spring, so I tried these gorgeous Alaskan Shasta Daisies from Lowe's. I could not be happier with the results. We recently had a hard rain that wilted about half of the flowers, so I had to thin them out a lot yesterday, but even after the massive thinning, they are still going strong. Also, they will continue to rebloom until the first frost. I have been very pleased with the plants I purchased from Lowe's this year. I'm not sure if they are all supplied by the same greenhouse though, so I can't vouch for Lowe's in other areas. I think our Lowe's is supplied locally.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home