Monday, April 14, 2008

Again with the Snow?

It's snowing. It snowed last year on April 11, and it was the latest snow we had recorded in a long time in this area. My clematis that I planted in 2006 was finally growing this spring and ready to show off its lovely lavender blooms, but there is nothing I can do for it now. My Black Gold cherry tree is plump with tender buds, ready to burst forth and welcome the spring. I hope the trash bag I put over its limbs will protect the buds, but I doubt it. Will my hydrangeas go through another barren, bloomless summer? The tarps covering them are probably not enough to keep them safe. I'm pretty ticked off today. I hate you snow.

1 Comments:

At 6:38 AM , Blogger Tami said...

My neighbor covered her bushes last night because we are supposed to get frost.
I just hope for the best. Terrible - I know!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home