Friday, May 15, 2009

Bleeding Heart on Steroids

I read that white bleeding heart is more difficult to grow than the pink variety, but despite this warning, I wanted to give it a try. I didn't expect much, especially when the plant died back early the first year it was planted.

I was excited to see it emerge last Spring and put on a pleasing display of white heart-shaped arches of flowers.

white bleeding heart

This year was a bit different. The plant SHOT out of the soil and erupted into a volcano of green foliage, interspersed with white shoots of flowers.

bleeding heart year 2

I had no idea bleeding heart reached this size. I wonder if it's the steroids I have been watering into the soil!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:49 AM , Blogger Aaron said...

Glad to find another NC Gardening blog. Great content!

-Aaron www.CarolinaGardens.org

 
At 8:19 AM , Blogger Tami said...

Oh yes, my Bleeding Heart (pink) gets HUGE!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home