Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wisteria Lane

A good friend who lives down the street has an arbor over her back deck that supports the most beautiful purple wisteria I have ever seen.

lauren's gorgeous wisteria

I have always loved wisteria, but after witnessing this spectacle, I decided it is a must-have plant this year. I'm not sure where I will put it, but I have got to get one.

lauren's gorgeous wisteria

The poor thing had been hit by late frosts the past two years and barely bloomed. It is certainly making up for all that lost time this year!

lauren's gorgeous wisteria

Wisteria has a delicate sweet fragrance and attracts bees galore! It is the perfect plant for a gardener who needs to lure bees into her yard to pollinate the squash and tomatoes!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:09 AM , Blogger Tami said...

I definitely believe Wisteria grows better in your area and further south than here in Kentucky. My Wisteria does bloom, is fragrant, and attracts many bees, but the blooms do not stay around as long here as in the south. As of now and for the rest of the summer, it will just look like a huge green vine. It's still pretty though.
I got the idea of planting it from reading Anne Rice books based in New Orleans.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home